Fancy sleeping swathed in what is considered hospitality’s best? Make incremental changes to your bed and you’ll soon be sleeping in 5 star luxury at home.
Inspired by recent experiences working with Channel (DSTV 147) VIA’s n Ster vir my bed we’ll show you how to attain the outstanding sleep experiences of luxury accommodation in your own bedroom.
Taking the South African Tourism Grading Council guidelines into account when outfitting your bed you can now upgrade your sleep time with ease.
From good to great sleep
Upgrading your bed from a 1 star to 3 star sleep experience, according to Tourism Grading Council guidelines means a change from “acceptable quality to good quality” linen. We suggest the following betterments:
- Replace hollow-fiber pillows with duck down and feather pillows. These are far more comfortable and long lasting.
- Add an extra pillow to your bed to make it far more inviting, for double size and up, this means 4 pillows per bed.
- For your guest room keep an extra pillow in the linen cupboard that is softer or firmer so guests can choose which one suits them best.
- Replace synthetic fiber sheets like polyester blends with natural fibers. 200 thread count linen is very good quality, breathable and crisp.
- Add a flat sheet, this give you the alternative to sleep without a duvet in summer.
Toward the best bed
Upgrading your bed to the best according to industry standards means outfitting your sleep space with “outstanding quality” bedding. What Granny Goose recommends for you:
- The ultimate luxury is a pure down pillow, so swap out anything you may be resting your head on for the purest natural filling.
- Add king size pillows to your head board, they look nicer on bigger beds like Queen size and larger. You could also purchase these in a slightly different fill weight to offer comfort alternative like super soft or firm.
- Sateen weave cotton is softer than percale weaves, offering you more comfort and luxury whilst resting. Get yourself higher thread count sheeting and you’re on your way to 5 stars.
Want to know more about reviving your bedroom? Tune in to VIA every Wednesday at 19;00 for the latest episode of n Ster vir my bed. Granny Goose are outfitting one of the featured guest houses with the best bedding as well as a dreamy bridal suite.