The Granny Goose Easter Bunny was bored with the traditional Easter fare he saw around town. It will be no good, he thought, if chocolate is enjoyed in ways that do not excite the tongue and minds of those who visit the Granny Goose showrooms. This month instead of bland you’ll find bold Easter flair – Each showroom has been given the prettiest of treats to share with you when you visit in March. If you miss out on visiting a store or love them so much once you have your own, here’s Buns recipe to be creative this easter:
Easter Craft – Paper Eggs DIY
What you’ll need
- Loose tinsel, moss or straw (from local florist).
- Hollow plastic eggs (local plastics shop has an assortment for less than R2 each).
- Small wrapped chocolate eggs, jelly beans, chocolate coins (things that dont mess or melt).
- Modge podge or clear varnish.
- Paint brush.
- Used egg carton.
- Enamel paint.
- Colourful tissue paper or serviettes.
Makes 6 eggs / 1 carton
- Choose a collection of sweets to fit inside 6 of the plastic eggs along with the tinsel or straw.
- Divide various ingredients amoungst 6 eggs.
- Fill and close each egg.
- Tear up some tissue paper and using the podge / varnish apply layers to the plastic egg (wait for 1 layer to dry and apply a second).
- Repeat to 6 eggs.
- Tear off labeling on used egg box and paint white inside and out. Once dry place your colourful paper eggs inside and close.
- Deliver to someone special.
Happy hunting this weekend.